2013 1800's Heritage Day
Join us on October 12th from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm at Weaver Historical Park adjacent to the Franklin County Fair Grounds. Bring the entire family and see how life was like in the 1800's. Admission is FREE.
Some of the activities that you will experience:
* Abe Lincoln performed by John Cooper.
* Butter Churning, knitting by the Madison Historical Society.
* Basket making and chair caning
* Wooden bowl carving
* Candle making, broom making
* Blacksmiths and cross-cut-saw demonstrations
* Activities for Children including Village Adventure, Tin Punching craft, hayrides, candle making, corn husking contest, churn butter.
Being you appetite and eat from The Red Caboose Cafe. Sandwiches, home made bean soup, home made apple butter and many more items. You won't go away hungry.
Best use of Pumpkin - see details by moving your mouse over the word "HOME" on the top of the page and select 2013 Heritage Festival.
How many candies in a JAR. Win and you get the container and contents
Kids - complete the Village Adventure.
Gift for any visitor wearing pioneer attire to the village.